SETU - Waterford Campus |
course provider profile
About SETU - Waterford Campus
Waterford Institute of Technology
WIT is a state-sector, university-level Institute with a supportive learning environment which is complemented by an excellent reputation for research. At the heart of our vision for WIT is our dedication to creating a vibrant and ambitious postgraduate and postdoctoral culture across the Institute. Our postgraduate students play a vital part in WIT’s dynamic and diverse learning community. With students from 70 countries and strategic collaboration partnerships with over 300 education and industry partners, WIT has created an exciting learning and research environment in the South East of Ireland.
HDip in Agri-food ICT Systems - Register your interest
WIT has won funding under Springboard 2018 to offer a HDip in Agri-food ICT Systems (2-year Part-Time) 60 Credits, Level 8. The course is currently going through the WIT Course Validation Process and is planned to start in JANUARY 2019.
WIT offers a broad range of taught postgraduate programmes and Masters and PhD by Research and Thesis across six faculties; Business, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Lifelong Learning & Education and Science & Computing. We believe strongly in equipping our postgraduate students with more than just specialist academic skills. We are committed to offering support and training that will prepare you for your future career. In addition to the formal training provided as part of your programme, as a WIT postgraduate student you will have access to a range of additional training opportunities, including seminars, workshops, online resources and informal networking events. Entry to taught and research postgraduate programmes in WIT normally require either a first or second class honours primary degree in an appropriate discipline.
Some of our taught postgraduate programmes
- Master of Business specialisations in; Management, Marketing, HRM, Economics & Finance, Corporation Administration
- Master of Business in Lean Practice
- MSc in Construction Project Management
- MSc in Sustainable Energy Engineering
- MEng in Electronic Engineering
- MSc in Innovative Technology Engineering
- Higher Diploma in Science in Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- MA in Advanced Facilitation Skills for Promoting Health and Well Being
- MSc in Nursing specialisations in; High Dependency, Rehabilitation and Habilitation, Medical/Surgical, Maternal and Child Health, Community Health, Mental Health, Disability
- MSc in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Practice
- Certificate in Management for Healthcare Professionals
- MA in Applied Spirituality
- MA in Social Justice and Public Policy
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- MA in Social Studies
- Higher Diploma in Arts in Television Production
Lifelong Learning & Education
- MA in Management in Education
- MA in Teaching & Learning in Further and Higher Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching in Further Education (Teaching Council Recognition)
Science & Computing
WIT has created a research and innovation ecosystem bringing together researchers, students, entrepreneurs and enterprises focused on ensuring that our research activities are internationally bench marked, strategic and economically relevant. In the last ten years WIT has won almost €150 million in competitive research funding over 1,100 projects. Intellectual know-how generated through our research activities has directly benefited over 250 companies through joint collaboration. This has led directly to the creation of more than 400 high technology jobs for the South-East. This research and innovation ecosystem has enormous benefits for our research postgraduate students, but also for our taught postgraduate students whose lecturers and dissertation supervisors strive to ensure that course material is informed by the latest developments in the research community. WIT was awarded the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ designation in 2014 by the European Commission under the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) process.