Data Science & Statistical Learning
Data science is one of the most rapidly growing areas in industry. There is an increasing demand for graduates with skills in statistical data analysis and computation to implement advanced analytics techniques and solve challenging real-world problems.
• Statistical Inference for Data Science
• Fundamentals of Statistical Modelling
• Scientific Computation
• Database Systems in Practice
• Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing
• Statistical Learning
• Quantitative Research Methods for Science, Engineering and Technology
• Networks and Complex Systems
• Applied Big Data and Visualization
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
*Students will specialize their dissertation studies in one of the three sub disciplines (Mathematics & Statistics, Electronic & Computer Engineering or Computer Science & Information Systems).
The minimum entry requirement is a 2:2 undergraduate degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent qualification that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement. The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate or passport
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 Year Full-Time.