Education - Primary Teaching
As with any professional course, the Professional Master of Education is intensive and requires a considerable commitment from students. It is also a rewarding and interesting experience and you will find that you have been comprehensively prepared for your teaching career.
The programme aims to develop graduates who:
• Are competent, professional and knowledgeable in their approach to teaching, learning, curriculum and assessment;
• Become adaptive experts and critically reflective practitioners who continue to grow and learn throughout their careers;
• Facilitate the holistic development of all children in terms of their emotional, social, personal, physical, creative, spiritual and intellectual capacities, promoting their agency across all areas of school life;
• Recognise and meet the needs of all learners with insight, expertise and respect;
• Become collaborative, supportive and committed members of school communities, learning communities and the teaching profession;
• Engage in ethical practice informed by a critical concern for social justice, equality and care and respect for others locally and globally, and recognise all children as citizens, rights-holders and active agents in their own learning
To view subjects taught please see Provider's website.
Applications to the PMEP (DC970) have closed for 2022. Applications will reopen in November 2022 for entry in August/September 2023.
Entry Process For DC970
Candidates wishing to apply for the Professional Masters of Education (Primary Teaching) MUST take Teastas Eorpach Gaeilge (TEG) Level B1 Oral Irish examination. A minimum of 65% must be attained on this examination to be eligible to apply for the PME (Primary) programme.
The TEG B1 Oral Irish examination dates for the Professional Masters of Education (Primary Teaching) 2022-23 applications at a cost of €100 are:
• 27th & 28th January 2023
• 10th & 11th February 2023
• For entry to the PMEP application process for 2022-23, the closing date for applying for the TEG oral examination is 5pm, Thursday 5th January 2023
• A successful result in the TEG B1 Oral Irish examination will be valid for two years before the examination needs to be retaken
• Applications for the TEG B1 Oral Irish examination will made directly through TEG
• Further information can be found on the TEG website:
o Leagan Gaeilge
o English Version
To view FAQs about the changes to entry process please click here
Applicants who are successful in the TEG B1 Oral Irish examinations and who meet all other entry requirements will be required to take a general interview as part of the entry process (Note: Shortlisting may apply).
How to apply?
The following entry routes are available:
Professional Diploma Data Analytics PT (F057)
* Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised.
2 years Full-time.
ProfDip Data Analytics (F057) Part Time
EU/NONEU fee per credit - € 182.8
***Fees are subject to change
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website.
Next Intake: 2020/2021 September
Post Course Info
The PME is not only a gateway to the primary teaching profession, but also to a number of other careers in the areas of educational administration, consulting, content writing, research and educational policy.