Engineering - Chemical Engineering
This is a conversion course specifically designed for the graduates who have obtained a primary degree in a science or engineering discipline (other than Chemical Engineering) and wish to develop a career in the process or pharmaceutical industries. This course provides a firm grasp of the fundamental principles underlying the field of chemical engineering and practical engineering experience in the design and operation of chemical process. It offers an exceptional opportunity for Science & Engineering graduates to obtain a recognised qualification in the Chemical Engineering profession in only one year of full-time study
• Principles of Chemical Engineering
• Fluid Mechanics & Heat Transfer
• Chemical Reaction Engineering
• Mass Transfer Separations
• Advanced Engineering Maths.
• Process Safety, Control and Instrumentation
• Batch Processing Engineering
• Plant & Process Management
• Advanced Transport Processes
• Chemical Engineering Design Methods
• Chemical Engineering Design Project
Applicants should normally have a primary degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) with a minimum result of a 2H2 (Second class honours, grade 2) in a relevant branch of science or engineering (e.g. Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or Biochemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Environmental, Food or Materials Science, Mechanical, Environmental or Food Engineering). They must also show evidence of proficiency in chemistry and mathematics, particularly in differential and integral calculus and differential equations. Applications from graduates with work experience are especially welcome.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 year full-time.
Post Course Info
The programme is accredited by an internationally recognised accreditation body (Institute of Chemical Engineers), which allows the graduates from this programme to pursue a career in Chartered Engineering.
Graduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering offers great employment prospects.