Engineering - Computer Engineering
The Graduate Diploma/Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering is a two-stage programme which provides a broadly based training in computer engineering for graduates who wish to augment their analytical skills with skills and knowledge of computer systems, computer programming, software engineering, data communications and digital electronics. It offers a combined programme of study dedicated to computer systems and engineering and designed to meet the needs of above graduates who also wish to further develop their professional, technical and analytical skills in this discipline.
Primary degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a relevant engineering, science or technology discipline. Applications from graduates from other disciplines who have a significant mathematics or computing element in their primary degree will also be considered.
Students may progress to the masters programme (MEng in Computer Engineering) if they attain a minimum standard of a Second Class Honourss grade 2 (2.2) in the Graduate Diploma.
Year 1: Graduate Diploma
•Digital Electronics 1
•Computer Networks 1
•The Engineer as a Professional
•Digital Systems 4
•Real Time Systems
•Computer Networks 2
•Digital Signal Processing
•Information Theory & Coding
•Advanced Digital System Design
•Advanced Topic Seminars
* Elective modules offered may vary
1 Year, Full Time (Grad Dip) or 2 Years, Full Time (Masters)
Start Date: 09/Sep/2019
Post Course Info
The programme will equip graduates for careers in specialised areas in organisations primarily concerned with developments in computing, software, communications and electronics.
Typical careers include:
• Engineering support of computer networks and data communications systems operations/management
• Design and development of computer networks and telecommunication systems
• Software engineering and consultancy personnel
• Computer network managers/service engineers
• Computer/software application, commissioning, implementation and support specialists
• Design group leaders, junior project managers, software systems managers
• Research and Development Engineers
• Doctorate postgraduate studies