Engineering - Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering - Access Programme
Students on the Masters Access Programme may transfer onto the Masters programme, subject to the transfer requirements.
Why choose this course?
• You can study part-time and remotely for maximum flexibility.
• It offers an opportunity to change your career path.
• It is a unique programme not available anywhere else in Ireland.
The aim of this course is:
• To provide relevant fundamental Mechanical and Manufacturing knowledge in preparation for the MEng programme.
• To be a skills conversion programme.
Programme Academic Structure for 2023 - 2024, Access - MEng. in Mechanical & Manu Eng.
This information is provisional & subject to change.
Modular Programme Structure
Year C Optional Modules;
Code Title Credit Semester Resit Category
EM201 Engineering Mathematics III 5 Semester 1 1
EM202 Engineering Mathematics IV 5 Semester 2 1
MM212 Mechanics of Materials II 5 Semester 2 3
MM227 Fluid Mechanics 5 Semester 2 1
MM252 Manufacturing Processes 1 5 Semester 1 1
MM306 Mechanics of Machines 5 Semester 1 1
• A level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in a Science/Technology based degree (Applied Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.),
• A level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in other areas of Engineering (Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.)
• Both cases are subject to an interview if deemed necessary by the Chair of the Programme or Head of School.
• Candidates are expected to have educational qualifications of a standard equivalent to those outlined above. In addition, where such candidates are non-native speakers of the English language they must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language
This programme is not available to non-EU students
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or:
For September 2024 intake:
Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2024
For EU applicant queries, please visit https://www.dcu.ie/registry/eu-postgraduate-taught-admissions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 year part-time.
The programme commences in September 2023.
Post Course Info
The Access programme offers an entry route to the Postgraduate programmes in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, which opens up many opportunities to its graduates.
Some students have launched a new career in design and manufacturing, often based on new skills they have developed and nurtured during the Masters project. Part-time students have found that their career progression has been more rapid, or that new roles have opened up with their employers. Others have progressed to PhD research and gained further advancement and recognition.
In a competitive time for positions, the extra qualifications provided by this programme are a valuable addition to your CV.