Engineering - Professional Doctorate
The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) acknowledges that significant research takes place within the practitioner workplace. It recognises the intellectual effort that supports original and innovative work in a range of professional and technological fields. A professional doctorate involves investigating and solving real-world problems faced in the daily workplace. Applicants need to complete a qualifier module before applying for the DEng.
The Doctorate in Engineering is at the same level as a PhD, allowing you to use the prefix Dr. This programme is 80% funded through the Generation Apprenticeship scheme for those in employment.
• Research Networking: Developing an Academic Profile
• Digital Research Management
• Research Integrity
• Research Ethics
• Planning Research and Publication
• Developing Ideas and Arguements: Writing Into Academic Communities
• Research Methods For Professional Practice 1
• Research Dissertation 1
• Research Methods for Professional Practice 2
• Data Strategies and Analysis Techniques for Research 1
• Data Strategies and Analysis Techniques for Research 2
• Professional Doctorate 1
• Research Dissertation 2
• Research Dissertation 3
• Research Impact and Dissemination
• Research Dissertation 4
• Professional Doctorate 2
• Research Dissertation 5
• Research Dissertation 6
• Research Conference / Workshop
• Research Dissertation 7
• Professional Doctorate 3
• Research Dissertation 8
• Research Dissertation 9
• Research Dissertation 10
Candidates would typically hold a 2.1 honours degree in a relevant area and five years' experience.
The successful completion of the qualifier module (Professional Portfolio PP8001) prior to being offered a place on the programme.
What to Include with your Application
Delays in receiving these documents will affect the progress of your application.
Photo or Scanned original copy of your transcripts for all years of study. (Graduates of UL need only provide us with their Student ID number.)
Photo or Scanned copy of passport to verify ID and full legal name.
A copy of your most recent CV.
Applicants who do not have English as their first language may satisfy English Language requirements:
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
5 Years Blended