Our programme is structured as a core learning first semester, followed by two specialist streams in the second semester and dissertation over the summer semester.
The two streams are:
· Financial Management
· Capital Markets
Through these streams and excellent practical and research-informed core learning, we allow you to specialize in a manner that reflects your interests and career aspirations. We offer an ideal path for graduates of business and economics degrees, and qualifying non-specialists, who wish to undertake a career in finance by obtaining a leading European postgraduate qualification.
Candidates apply for admission to the M.Sc. in Finance (Common Entry) which provides a common pathway into two specialised streams. The two streams are Financial Management and Capital Markets, and all have the first semester in common. At the end of the first semester, with the help and advice of faculty, each student will choose which stream to take.
DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, a standard reached by only 5% of business schools worldwide reflecting its established international reputation for high quality graduates.
The DCU Finance Masters is recognised by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
Ranked in the Top 100 Best Masters in Financial Markets globally by Eduniversal.
This one-year Masters programme is designed to produce the kind of professionals in greatest demand in the financial industry. It does so by fostering analytical and decision making skills and helping you build a set of rigorous competences in financial subjects. You will be exposed to first-class specialist education in financial subjects, develop your quantitative skills, and have the opportunity to learn the latest econometrics and data analysis techniques, which are becoming extremely important for a successful career in the financial industry.
The Capital Markets stream is designed to equip graduates for challenging but rewarding careers at the forefront of the financial industry, especially in investment banking, asset management and corporate finance. It does so by fostering analytical and decision making skills and helping students build a set of rigorous competences in financial subjects. Students opting for this stream of the programme will be exposed to first-class specialist education in investment analysis and treasury and investment management;
The Financial Management stream builds on our extensive knowledge in the field, developing and expanding our students' knowledge and experience with regards to one of the key strategic functions withing businesses of all sizes and structures. Effective financial management reflects upon efficient effective management and investment of corporate reserves, while selecting an appropriate capital composition, accurate estimation of capital requirements and the development of exceptional financial controls.
Key aims of the overall program are to:
• Help you to understand the functioning of capital markets and financial choices made by firms by exploring the latest thinking in financial economics, with special emphasis on portfolio theory, asset pricing, corporate finance;
• Develop your mastery of techniques and methods of analysis useful to solve financial problems, with special emphasis on the challenges faced in the current economy.
• Ultimately, the objective is to prepare you to become effective decision makers in the financial industry, equipping you for high level rewarding careers across the spectrum of the financial sector.
For admission to the M.Sc. in Finance candidates must hold –
• A 2.1 Honours degree in a Business discipline, or equivalent international qualification
• A 2.1 Honours degree in a relevant non-business discipline eg. Engineering, Physics, Maths, or Computer Science or equivalent international qualification.
• International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:
• Closing date for non EU applicants is 1st July 2023.
• Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2023.
Note applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this programme:
• All applicants should apply through https://dcuie.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/
• Provide Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation, if applicable.
• Provided a detailed personal statement, details of professional qualification/s or significant work experience.
• Please upload a CV under the "Supplemental Items & Documents" section.
• Please upload one academic reference and one professional reference.
• If applicable, provide evidence of competence in the English language as per DCU entry requirements.
Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml
1 year full-time.
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2022.
Post Course Info
This programme is designed to prepare ambitious students for the challenges and rewarding career opportunities in the financial services industry. You will be equipped for a career in financial markets and institutions, especially in investment banking and asset management, or in the risk management and corporate finance functions of corporations, as well as regulatory bodies and government offices dealing with the financial industry.
Recent graduates are employed by major financial institutions including UBS, Standard & Poor's, Royal Bank of Scotland, KPMG, PwC, Boston Scientific, Commerzbank, AIB, Bank of Ireland, Goodbody Stockbrokers, Davy, Geneva Trading, Mercer, Nestle, Citco Fund Services, Standard Life and BNY Mellon.