Health & Safety in Construction
What is this course about?
This postgraduate course is designed to enable construction professionals to become familiar with the latest developments in Health and Safety legislation and practice. The course has an overall aim of introducing you to the need for proactive health and safety management within construction. It provides a breadth of underpinning knowledge to enable health and safety professionals to discharge their duties by identifying hazards and advising on in risk management processes in a construction setting.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan the preparation and completion of regular reviews of a construction organisation's health and safety systems and advise on and provide for suitable management practices and policy amendments required in such reviews.
• Demonstrate the ability to think critically, independently, and creatively in the implementation of suitable actions to manage health and safety in construction.
What subjects will I study?
- Legislation and Statutory appointments specific to construction
- Hazard Identification in Construction
- Controls: Management, Technologies and Application
- Health and Safety Authority
- International Approach to Health and Safety
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lifelong Learning reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the course.
Apply Online: www.itcarlow.ie/LLL
12 weeks part-time. 1 evening per week 7.00 - 10.00pm (Indicative).