Human Performance & Innovation
The premise of the PD in Human Performance and Innovation recognises that mature practitioners, embedded in professional environments, already have substantial domainspecific knowledge, expertise and experiences. The programme of study is customised to the learning and development needs of the doctoral candidate. The PD route thus offers practitioners a personally tailored programme of study designed to drive, implement and evaluate beneficial innovations within their realm of expertise and serve their future career ambitions.
• Personal Review and Development Planning
• The Professional Paradigm 1: Practical and Theoretical Frameworks (M-Grade)
• Evaluation Methods and Analysis 1
• The Professional Paradigm 2: Evolving the Theory, Evidence, Practice and Innovation (M-Grade)
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 1 (M-Grade)
• Evaluation Methods and Analysis 2
• Innovation Progression 1 (M-Grade)
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 2
• Exit Award – Professional Masters in Human Performance and Innovation
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 3 (M-Grade)
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 4 (M-Grade)
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 5
• Innovation Progression 2 (M-Grade)
Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 6 (M-Grade)
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 7 (M-Grade)
• Professional Innovation: Intervention Design and Evaluation 8
• Innovation Progression 3 (M-Grade)
Applicants for the Professional Doctorate in Human Performance and innovation require a minimum 2.2 honours degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a relevant area, or a professional qualification deemed equivalent. Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) entry will be available for those without a related degree if they can demonstrate significant relevant professional experience. Specifically, prospective candidates require a minimum of 5 years' professional experience. An application via RPL requires a supporting statement uploaded with the application. Applicants may be interviewed as part of the application process.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
What to include with your Application
Qualification transcripts and certificates
Completed Additional Application Documentation form. Please note for applicants who do not meet the minimum entry requirements this form facilitates the submission of your RPL supporting statement - click here for additional documentation
A copy of your birth certificate (long document) or Passport
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where
English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
4 Years Part-Time.
MSc Biological and Biomolecular Science (F104) Full Time
EU fee per year - € 8170
nonEU fee per year - € 25600
***Fees are subject to change
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website. Please note that UCD offers a number of graduate scholarships for full-time, self-funding international students, holding an offer of a place on a UCD graduate degree programme. For further information please see International Scholarships.
Next Intake: 2020/2021 September
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
This programme will enable you to choose from a wide range of careers and areas of postgraduate study. This multi-disciplinary course provides a solid grounding for careers in industry, health and research, such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Microbiology, Process Control, Technical Transfer, Research and Development, and Regulatory Affairs, Scientific Editor or Writer, Lab Technician or Analyst roles.