Human Resource Management
MSc in Human Resource Management
• The only Masters of its kind in Ireland to recognised by the Society of HRM, the largest global HR professional body.
• A strong focus on leadership and personal and career development, and the application of theory to the practice of HRM
• Graduates will qualify for associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development
• Ranked in the World's Top 30 MSc in Human Resource Management by Eduniversal Best Masters Rankings 2016
• DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, a standard reached by only 5% of business schools worldwide reflecting its established international reputation for high quality graduates.
The innovative and distinguishing features of the programme are its focus on international elements of management, its emphasis on enhancing leadership capability, and the importance given to building professional competencies.
You will also develop insights into the latest developments in HRM, including cross-cultural management, people management, and the strategic importance of the HR function.
The objectives of the programme are to provide graduates with:
• An in-depth understanding of the theories and conceptual frameworks underpinning people management.
• Insights into the latest developments in HRM.
• An understanding of the strategic level of analysis at which business decisions are made and of the links between management of human resources, business strategy, finance and performance.
• Expertise in cross-cultural management, industrial relations and managing human resources internationally.
• Opportunities to acquire the professional competencies required to work successfully in a human resource management environment or as a manager engaged in managing human resources.
• The skills to undertake and implement organisational level research.
To view the current course structure, please visit the Provider's website.
For admission to the M.Sc. in Human Resource Management candidates must hold –
• A 2.1 Honours degree in a Business discipline, or equivalent international qualification
• A 2.1 Honours degree in a relevant non-Business discipline eg. Social Sciences or Humanities, or equivalent international qualification
• Professional qualifications in Human Resource Management and/or 5 years or more relevant professional experience in people management
• International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:
• Closing date for non EU applicants is 1st July 2023.
• Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2023.
Note applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this programme:
• All applicants should apply through https://dcuie.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/
• Provide Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation, if applicable.
• Provide a 500-750 word (max) personal statement.
• Please upload a CV under the "Supplemental Items & Documents" section.
• If applicable, provide evidence of competence in the English language as per DCU entry requirements.
Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml
1 year full-time.
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2022.
Post Course Info
Graduates will find employment with multinational companies, consultancy firms, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Graduates pursue specialist or generalist roles in human resource management, training and development, employee relations, research, consultancy, or as general managers particularly in international firms.
Recent employers include Intel Ireland, ESB International, Bristol Myers Squibb, Trinity Mirror Group PLC, Tesco Ireland, DELL, Google Ireland, Mazars Ireland, ePeople Recruitment and Smurfit Kappa Group. There are also opportunities for those wishing to undertake further study to doctoral level.