International Digital Health Transformation
Key programme benefits to future students
This programme develops digital health transformation agents with the skills, knowledge, and abilities to explore health ecosystem developments.
Participants will gain the confidence to innovate and apply their learnings, as individuals and as team members, adopting a patient-centric approach to their decision-making and actions, to solve problems and overcome challenges within their health settings/sectors/industries, taking cognisance of social, legal, ethical, and technical issues while ensuring compliance with the relevant standards and regulations.
Through the medium of undertaking a substantial project (rather than a dissertation), members of each group will integrate and apply their previous learnings to develop a digital transformation solution or capability that will have a significant positive impact on their health service/sector.
A participant can register to undertake this programme in one of three modes, allowing them to complete the programme on a part-time or full-time basis.
• Digital Health Innovation Ecosystems
• Healthcare Design Thinking
• Health Information Management
• Digital Health Applications and Services
• Action Research in Healthcare
• Digital Health Project Management
• Health Apps and Devices
• Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
Elective Modules (choose two)
Decision-Making in Healthcare | Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Healthcare | Introduction to Deep Learning in Healthcare | Healthcare Applications Development
Digital Health Transformation Project
In addition, through the medium of undertaking a substantial project, members of each group will integrate and apply their previous learnings to develop a digital transformation solution or capability that will have a significant positive impact on their health service/sector. This project forms one-third of the programme’s credits, split over the modules of Project Definition and Transformation Project.
We invite applications from healthcare professionals/administrators/managers/officers, IT specialists with experience of working in a healthcare sector/industry, and health scientists. Each applicant should possess a minimum of 2nd class honours, grade 2 in their primary degree (Level 8, QQI) or equivalent.
Applicants with at least five years’ work experience in a healthcare sector/industry who can satisfy the course admission team they have the ability to complete and benefit from this course. Such applicants shall be required to undertake an interview.
What to Include with your Application
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy passport page containing your photograph
one page resume or curriculum vitae: listing your work experience, education, skills and achievements
a digital health transformation idea: two paragraphs on an idea of yours for a digital health transformation project
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
Preparing your Application:
1. Research your programme: Each postgraduate programme at University of Limerick is unique. Explore your course content, duration, fees, and entry requirements on ul.ie.
2. Check Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the course you are interested in. This usually includes your undergraduate degree award, subject specialities, English language proficiency (for non-native speakers), and any specific requirements for the course.
3. Prepare Documents: Gather all the necessary documents. This typically includes your academic transcripts, CV, personal statement, and references. If English is not your first language, you’ll also need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency.
4. Online Application: Once you are ready to apply, visit your postgraduate programme page on ul.ie/gps and use the Apply Now button to access UL’s online application system. You will need to create an account if you are a new user.
5. Complete the Application: Fill in the application form with all the required details. This will include personal information and academic history.
6. Upload Documents: Upload all the necessary documents that you prepared earlier. Make sure they are clear and legible.
7. Submit Application: Review your application thoroughly to ensure all information is correct and then submit your application. The application fee for your postgraduate application is €50. This includes an option to choose a second choice.
8. Track Your Application: After submission, you can track the status of your application through the online application system.
9. Interview: Depending on the programme, you may be invited for an interview. This could be in person or online.
10. Acceptance: If your application is successful, you will receive an offer email from the university. You will need to accept this offer to secure your place.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and places offered to successful candidates. This means that it’s a good idea to apply as early as possible to increase your chances of securing a place.
Please note that these steps are a general guide and the exact process may vary depending on the specific programme and your individual circumstances. Always check the University of Limerick website or contact the postgraduate admissions department for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time, on-campus.
Post Course Info
Graduates will lead core, adjacent and transformational innovations in health settings/ sectors/industries, taking a disciplined approach to advancing exponential technologies to realise the transformative power of digital disruptions. Typical careers include Digital Health Lead/ Change Manager/Project Manager/Innovation Manager; Information Governance Officer; Digital Health Systems Support; Business Process Analyst; Information Analyst; Junior Data Science and Software Development roles; as well as roles in Education and Research.