International Management & Global Business
As a graduate of this course, you will be equipped with the key concepts and skills to help organisations more effectively manage a competitive and fast-moving global business environment.
• Professional Development 1
• International Corporate Finance
• International Business Transactions
• International & Cross Cultural Management
• Leadership, Influence & Change
• Research Methods in Projects and Organisations
• Professional Development 2
• International Economic Issues
• International Workshop
• Global Business Strategy
• International Marketing
• International Human Resource Management
Choose 1 of the following:
• Corporate Responsibility
• Project Management in Practice
• International Workshop
• MSc Research Paper
Normally an honours primary degree (2nd Class) (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in Business or a cognate discipline or, in the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the course team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, certified demonstrable achievement in a Standard English Language Competency Test will be required.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the criteria below (no longer than two years prior to application):
Acceptable English Language qualifications include the following:
•Matriculation examinations from European countries where English is presented as a subject and an acceptable level is achieved
•Irish Leaving Certificate English –Ordinary Level Grade D or above
•TOEFL – 580 (paper based) or 90 (internet based)
•IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in any one component.
•English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) – Grade C1
•GCE 'O' level English Language/GCSE English Language – Grade C or above
University of Cambridge ESOL –Certificate of Proficiency in English - Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English Grade A
GCE Examination Boards – Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations – Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate – School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council – School Certificate Pass 1-6
Results in examinations other than those listed above may also be accepted as meeting our English language requirements. Contact the International Education Division for advice.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
• Qualification transcripts and certificates
• English language qualification if English is not your first language
• Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
• A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
To ensure a speedy assessment of your application, please upload the above documents with your application form.
Please title appropriately any documents you are uploading with the application form, for example "Supporting Statement", "Undergraduate Transcript", "Postgraduate Transcript", "English Language Certificate" etc.
1 year full-time.
Start Date: 09/Sep/2019
Post Course Info
Graduates of this programme have found employment in consulting, marketing, sales, purchasing, banking, recruiting, quality management, and consumer protection at firms such as Dell, Accenture, Diageo, Amazon, Henkel, Lidl, and Bank of Ireland.