Management Development - Waterford
More specifically the objectives of the programme are to provide participants with:
- An in-depth knowledge of the management process and of the key issues affecting decision making in organisations;
- An awareness of the requirements needed to compete in an international business environment;
- An exposure to the core aspects of organisational leadership criteria;
- The capability to manage change and complexity in business operations;
- An insight that will allow them to source, identify and assess elements of world class performance in their operational context;
- The potential to continue a course of professional development at a higher level.
In consultation with organisations, the course is a one semester programme, flexibly-delivered utilising a block-release mode (2 days per month) and blended approach for the delivery of four modules over a Semester. This delivery mode was specifically designed to facilitate flexibility for the learner. The programme is ideal for anyone without a business qualification and incorporates modules like Strategy & Leadership, Managing People, and a Applied Project in Management Development. This programme provides a bedrock for anyone hoping to pursue careers in management or leadership in a wide variety of contexts.
Managing People: Theory & Practice
Strategy & Leadership
Applied Project in Management Development
Electives (Participants select one of these; availability of each is subject to demand):
Operations Management & SCM
International Business Environment
Customer Service Innovation Management
Service Design Competencies and Prototyping
Business Research Methods
At a minimum for students to be accepted on the Certificate in Management Development, the current standard entry criteria are as follows:
• Interested applicants must hold at least a Level 8 degree qualification, or equivalent.
• Applicants without at least a Level 8 degree qualification may be considered for the programme under the University's Recognition of Prior Learning Process.
• Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English, please see SETU Waterford’s English Language Requirements for details.
APPLICATIONS CLOSING 31 Aug 24
Various modes of assessment are used, as suited to the relevant module and learning.
4 months, blended.
Programme fee details are available on the Postgraduate Fee Schedule displayed on our website at www.wit.ie/pgfees
NEXT INTAKE September 2024
Post Course Info
The Certificate in Management Development is a minor award from the Higher Diploma in Business in Management and upon successful completion of the programme, graduates may apply to undertake the Higher Diploma in Business in Management and other programmes within the School for which they are eligible. The School will make available to students all relevant information which will assist them with their career development aspirations.