The programme focuses on mathematical and statistical modelling of real-world processes. MSc graduates will have gained analytical and computational skills that will uniquely position them in an ever growing market demanding mathematical and statistical skills.
• Advanced Methods I
• Scientific Computation
3 elective modules to be chosen from:
• Fundamentals of Continuum Mechanics
• Mathematics of Natural Phenomena
• Perturbation Techniques and Asymptotics
• Numerical Partial Differential Equations
• Fundamentals of Financial Mathematics
• Operations Research 2
• Fundamentals of Statistical Modelling
• Stochastic Processes
• Statistical Inference for Data Science
• Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
• Advanced Methods II
• Mathematical Geoscience
• Mathematical Biology and Physiology
2 elective modules to be chosen from:
• Dynamical Systems
• Mathematical Modelling
• Stochastic Differential Equations for Finance
• Mathematical & Statistical Models of Investment
• Statistical Learning
• Advanced Data Modelling
• Networks and Complex Systems
*The project should be submitted by August. The dissertation will be at research level, and often (though not inevitably) be on a problem which arises through MACSI's connections with industry.
The minimum entry requirement is a 2:2 undergraduate degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) (or equivalent) in mathematics, or any related numerate discipline.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 Year, Full-Time or 2 Years, Part-Time.
Start Date: 09/Sep/2019
Post Course Info
Financial services including accounting, international banking, lending analysis and investment analysis; information and communication technologies; engineering industries (e.g. environmental, electronics, aerospace and automobile); scientific research (e.g. medical, social, economic, engineering, computing, industrial, fisheries, biological and mathematical); data analysis including market research and demographics; manufacturing (including production planning and quality control), research and development, especially in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries; mathematics education (teaching and lecturing).