Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering - Access Programme
Students on the Masters Access Programme may transfer onto the Masters programme, subject to the transfer requirements.
Why choose this course?
• You can study part-time and remotely for maximum flexibility.
• It offers an opportunity to change your career path.
• It is a unique programme not available anywhere else in Ireland.
The aim of this course is:
• To provide relevant fundamental Mechanical and Manufacturing knowledge in preparation for the MEng programme.
• To be a skills conversion programme.
To view the current course structure, please visit the Provider's website.
The normal entry requirements for the Access Course are:
• A level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in a Science/Technology based degree (Applied Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.),
• A level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in other areas of engineering (Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.) Both cases are subject to an interview if deemed necessary by the Chair of the Programme or Head of School.
Candidates are expected to have educational qualifications of a standard equivalent to those outlined above. In addition, where such candidates are non-native speakers of the English language they must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language.
Non-EU Applicants: This programme is not available to non-EU students.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or:
For September 2023 intake:
• Closing date for non-EU applicants is 1st July 2023.
• Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2023.
Please note if you are a non EU student and require a study visa, you are not eligible to apply for part-time programmes as study visas are only granted for full-time programmes.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries from non-EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
To apply for this programme:
All Applicants Must Submit
•All applicants should apply through https://dcuie.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/. Here's a quick step by step guide if you need help with your application.
• Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study
• If applicable, provide evidence of competence in the English language as per DCU entry requirements.
Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml
This programme is not available to non-EU students.
1 year part-time.
There is no February intake for this programme. Commencement of Programme September 2022.
Post Course Info
The Access programme offers an entry route to the Postgraduate programmes in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, which opens up many opportunities to its graduates.
Some students have launched a new career in design and manufacturing, often based on new skills they have developed and nurtured during the Masters project. Part-time students have found that their career progression has been more rapid, or that new roles have opened up with their employers. Others have progressed to PhD research and gained further advancement and recognition.
In a competitive time for positions, the extra qualifications provided by this programme are a valuable addition to your CV.