The programme provides opportunities to explore research as evidence for enhancing and changing practice and aims to advance the student's aptitudes in becoming confident, analytical and research aware.
• Health Research – Methods & Methodology
• Principles of Primary & Community Care
• Leading & Managing Practice
• Academic Literacies
• Promoting Quality & Safety in Healthcare
• Dissertation Project 1
(2 Modules from the following):
• Health Promotion in Nursing/Midwifery Practice
• Intercultural Care
• Therapeutic Engagement
• Dissertation Project 2
Applicants for the MSc Nursing Studies programme must normally be in possession of:
1. A first or second class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
2. Candidates must be a registered nurse and provide evidence of a current registration with an appropriate Nursing/Midwifery Registration Board.
3. The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
What to Include with your Application:
Full degree transcript and certificates/awards
Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland current registration certificate or evidence of a current registration with an appropriate Nursing/Midwifery Registration Board
Recognised Prior Learning Application (if you do not meet the normal entry requirements)
A copy of your birth certificate/passport page
Recognised Prior Learning may also be considered for those applicants that do not meet the normal entry requirements as stated above
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
English language competency certificate
1 year full-time.