This is a truly flexible programme that enables students to tailor the degree to their own interests, skills and future career plans. The only core modules that the MA in Politics students will be required to complete will be the two research methods modules.
• Graduate Research Methods
• Two elective modules
• Graduate Seminar in Development
• Graduate Seminar in Contemporary Political Theory
• Graduate Seminar in International Relations
• Graduate Seminar in Institutions and Policies of the EU
• Public Administration Theory & Practice
• Research Methods (progressing dissertation)
• Three elective modules
• Graduate Seminar in Peacebuilding
• Graduate Seminar in International Co-operation and Conflict
• Graduate Seminar in European Governance
• Representative Democracy in Europe
• Global Justice
• Feminist Perspectives in Conflict and Development Issues
• International Political Economy
• Comparative Climate Policy and Politics
• Collaborative Governance and Leadership
Primary degree in a relevant discipline with First or Second Class Honours or an approved equivalent qualification (Primary Degree: Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). Candidates must be proficient in English.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
What to Include with your Application:
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate or passport
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where
English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
1 year full-time.
Start Date: 09/Sep/2019
Post Course Info
The programme equips students with substantive knowledge about a variety of political phenomena, competence in the use of scientific research methods as well as analytical and transferable skills. This is the widest ranging of our programmes and, as a result, it prepares students for a variety of professions. It is also an excellent springboard for further research, potentially towards a doctoral degree or public policy research. Most importantly, the MA in Politics emphasises skills that the majority of employers seek, such as analytical and critical thinking, writing and presentation skills as well as a good work ethic. In the past, our graduates have pursued careers in a variety of fields, such as business, public administration, journalism and civil society organisations.