Risk Management & Insurance
This programme offers a unique blend of insurance, risk management and financial services content. The programme is designed to provide the technical capacity, objective reasoning and contextual overview for roles within the risk management & insurance industry. Includes Trading Floor Certification and an international business workshop.
The MSc in Risk and Insurance is the only postgraduate course of its kind in Ireland.
• Corporate Responsibility
• Global Finance & Capital Markets
• Insuring Life and Health Risks
• Risk and Derivative Markets
• Professional Development 1
• Online Research Methods Module
• Financial Regulation
• Insuring Risk in Nature and Industry
• Underwriting Risk
• Professional Development 2
• Research Methods in Finance 2
Electives (Choose 1):
• International Economic Issues
• Leadership, Influence and Change
• Project Management in Practice
Electives (Choose 1):
• Credit Risk & Derivative Products
• Risk Analytics & Big Data
• Principles of International Tax
• International Business Workshop
Normally applicants will possess a minimum 2:2 honours primary degree (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) in a relevant discipline (For example, business, finance, economics, social science and mathematics). However, students from cognate backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. In the case of international students, the overseas equivalent as determined by the Course Team in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions will be acceptable. Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, the candidate should meet the University's English language requirements. In exceptional circumstances an applicant who cannot satisfy the undergraduate requirement may be accepted on the basis of relevant professional experience.
How to apply:
1. Choose your programme.
2. Check closing date for the programme.
3. Apply online at www.ul.ie
4. Have your supporting documentation ready to upload.
5. Pay the application fee (€35 online / €40 bank draft or cheque).
6. Submit your application.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Qualification transcripts and certificates
A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
GUIDELINES ON COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
To ensure a speedy assessment of your application, please upload the above documents with your application form.
Please title appropriately any documents you are uploading with the application form, for example "Supporting Statement", "Undergraduate Transcript", "Postgraduate Transcript", "English Language Certificate" etc.
1 year Full-Time.