Supply Chain Management - Carlow / Wicklow
What will I be able to do when I finish this course?
On completion, graduates of this course will be able to:
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice of Supply Chain Management to a variety of industry operations;
- Build and develop multi-disciplinary teams across all functions to bring about radical improvements in supply chain capability;
- Effectively plan and manage resources at each stage of the supply chain;
- Use critical thinking and research skills to design/redesign, implement and improve more sustainable, competitive and quality led supply chains from supplier to customer;
- Communicate effectively with teams at all levels internally and build more sustainable, beneficial relationships along all stages of the supply chain from supplier to customer.
What subjects will I study?
Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
Communications for Supply Chain Professionals
Supply Chain Financial Management
Sustainable Supply Chains
Strategic Supply Chain Management
Global Logistics and Technology
NOTE: Specific modules may be subject to amendment after our 2021 programmatic review.
Entry requirements are a Level 8 degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours, Grade 2 in a related discipline or equivalent. SETU Carlow operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPL) scheme whereby applicants may be considered, based on relevant work and other experience, for exemptions from course modules and advanced entry.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Department reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
1 Year Full-time/1 year Part-time/2 years Part-time (2 evenings per week 7-10pm).
Post Course Info
In light of current skills shortages in industry in the area of Supply Chain Management, this Masters programme will provide participants seeking jobs in this sector with a competitive edge. For those participants currently working in the area, the programme will enhance existing roles both on a professional and personal level by building on the practical skills and techniques required to succeed. It will also develop critical skills in areas such as process improvement, resource management, analytical and critical thinking, communication and sourcing and managing quality-led sustainable supply chains from supplier to customer.
This Masters programme will prepare graduates to work in a number of job roles:
Supply Chain Analyst or Manager
Operations consultants/Manufacturing or Service Operations Managers
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates may pursue Level 10 (PhD) study opportunities upon successful completion of this course.
A postgraduate diploma in Science in Supply Chain Management is an Embedded Exit Award (Level 9 - 60 credits).