About our Brighter Futures Programme:
Experience is the best teacher, which is why at Dawn Meats we like to give real responsibility from the start. Combined with formal training you will work with passionate, talented people who will provide invaluable training on the job plus:
- Dedicated mentors;
- First class coaching;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
With no pre-conceived ideas and no limit on your career path, your skills and experiences can be uniquely tailored to the multitude of career opportunities within Dawn Meats. We recognise the importance of continuous development and work closely with recognised Management Development Institutes in Ireland and the UK to develop our Graduates as managers of the future.
Dawn Meats is a premium meat processor and supplier of choice for a range of leading supermarket, foodservice and restaurant businesses. Established in 1980, Dawn Meats is an industry leader with annual revenues of over €2bn, employing over 7,300 staff in 15 countries and exporting to over 50 countries.
We’re currently recruiting a Graduate Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team who will gain exposure in designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining the information technology infrastructure of the Dawn Meats Group.
You will be working closely with our Application Development and Infrastructure team to implement and maintain comprehensive monitoring solutions in our enterprise environment, helping to triage, troubleshoot and resolve production incidents as well as focusing on preventive and proactive maintenance of our application stack.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our production plants and will:
- Support a user base of over 2000 end users via telephone, call logging system and e-mails.
- Configure and maintain the infrastructure needed including servers, databases, networking components, and cloud resources.
- Respond to and resolve incidents and outages in a timely manner.
- Set up monitoring tools and dashboards to track the performance and health of applications and infrastructure, configuring alerts to proactively address issues before they affect users.
- Manage application configurations, ensuring consistency across different environments (development, testing, production).
- Work closely with technical resources to understand application requirements and assist in optimizing code for deployment and performance.
- Identify opportunities for automation to reduce manual tasks and improve efficiency.
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy IT environment.
The ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A relevant 3rd level IT qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Exposure to networking, printers, Hybrid cloud, data center and on-site technology
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English.
The ability to work as both part of a team and independently is