About Irish Water
Irish Water is Ireland’s national regulated water utility and is responsible for providing water and wastewater services throughout Ireland. Our vision is a sustainable Ireland where water is respected and protected, for the planet and all the lives it supports. We rise to the challenge of delivering transformative water services that enables communities to thrive.
At Irish Water, we have exciting plans for the next five years, including a €5bn programme of Capital Investment.
This is where we need ambitious and talented graduates like you to join our organisation and help us as we deliver transformative Water Services to all communities in Ireland.
What’s is like working as a graduate in Irish Water?
As a participant on our graduate programmes, you’ll have an opportunity to rotate across different parts of Irish Water and develop a broad understanding of how the wider business works.
You will work on a variety of interesting, challenging projects and workstreams that will see you interact with different areas of our business building your personal brand and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders. You will receive best in class training, development and mentoring to help you on as you start your career with us.
For the specialist programmes, you’ll rotate within specialist areas such as Finance or Engineering, building up knowledge and experience in these disciplines and learning from industry experts.
On the Finance programme, you will work towards a professional accountancy qualification.
For the specialist Engineering programme, you will have an opportunity to study part-time and complete a MSc (level 9), funded by Irish Water. This L9 qualification will support your application for Chartership with Engineers Ireland.
Do You Have What It Takes?
We are looking for graduates that are:
- A recent/prospective graduate or post-graduate with a minimum 2:1 in all disciplines to NFQ Level 8
- A natural problem solver, who relishes working in diverse teams and has strong communication skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative, innovation, and pride in the work you deliver
- Proficient IT skills and MS Office
- Enthusiastic, curious, and ambitious
- You must be eligible to work in Ireland for the duration of the programme
- Invaluable experience and knowledge of the Water Industry and a rounded perspective of the different departments
- Practical on-the-job training and a structured induction and training development roadmap
- Hybrid working is available to graduates who are resident in the Republic of Ireland
- Access to a community where everyone works collaboratively to fulfil their fullest potential and to reach their goals
- On successful completion of the programmes, a number of positions will be available within Irish Water
- A competitive and fair salary will be offered
The Application Process
If you would like to be part of this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter, outlining why you would be a suitable applicant to email@example.com by November 7th, 2022
Our graduate programmes will commence in September 2023
Please refer the relevant Job Description/role for the exact reference code to cite on your application. We have different codes for the four programmes