BDO Graduate Programme
At BDO we offer a broad spectrum of different services to help our clients achieve their goals. Where you choose to specialise will depend on your own particular strengths and aptitude.
We DO problem solving, team building, competitive rewards, social events, career progression and opportunity.
This is more than a graduate programme, it’s the beginning of your career and at BDO, We DO great careers. You will develop your career by working directly on projects for our extensive client base and through our dedicated graduate training program. Our Partner led approach to your career ensures your future as a smart business advisor.
BDO Ireland are looking for enthusiastic and personable graduates to train as accountants or consultants in our Audit, Tax, Advisory and Consulting departments. Depending on the area you join, you can study for ACA, ACCA, ITI or ICSA qualifications for a training contract of a minimum of 3 years in duration. Our success draws on a variety of individuals and talents and on the vivid personalities who shape our teams and build relationships with our clients.
BDO Ireland has an ambitious strategy that envisages significant future business growth across existing and new services. This growth is underpinned by a people strategy, which establishes BDO as a home for top talent and creates an environment where our people can develop and grow.
As part of the fifth largest global professional services firm, BDO is one of Ireland’s leading accountancy, tax, advisory and consulting organisations. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
What will I be doing?
Some of the key responsibilities for trainees in our various departments include:
- Preparation of statutory financial accounts and financial statements
- Assist in maintaining and developing key professional relationships with clients
- Provision of general financial management information to clients
- Providing support drafting statutory financial statements
- Assist with Corporate and Income Tax compliance requirements of clients
- Interpreting legislation for preparation of tax returns
- Researching and identifying tax planning issues and opportunities for clients
- Preparation and filing of tax returns in relation to corporation tax and income tax
- Researching and Interpreting legislation, identifying precedent and preparing advice
- Consulting with a wide variety of clients on various VAT matters
- Compliance for our domestic & international clients
- Liaise with clients on the VAT implications of various commercial transactions
- Assist management in monitoring changes in Irish and international VAT law and case law
- Advise and assist clients on executing transactions, including M&A and fundraising assignments
- Analyse financial performance, present trend analysis and identify opportunities or risks of a company being bought or sold
- Prepare financial models, research industry sectors, conduct business valuations
- Prepare reports on a business’s financial performance and growth strategy
- Be part of an analytical and creative thinking team
- Preparing and filing Annual Returns
- Drafting Minutes for Board and Shareholder Meetings
- Incorporating new companies & striking-off dormant companies
- Preparing and filing statutory forms with the Companies Registration Office in Dublin, Companies House in the UK and the Isle of Man Company Registry
Risk & Advisory Services
- Working on operational and financial internal audit assignments
- Evaluating processes, systems and controls, detailing any remedial action required
- Carrying out financial control reviews
- Assessing clients’ compliance with relevant legislation, regulation and guidance
- Working on insolvency assignments, such as receiverships, liquidations and examinerships
- Assistance in the disposal of property & businesses
- Prepare financial projections for business ventures
- Draft partial contents of business plans, information memoranda and other strategic business reports
How to be a part of the mix
We are looking for ambitious, forward thinking high-achievers seeking a new challenge in a progressive and forward-thinking firm. In addition to a competitive package, our graduate positions offer opportunities for progression, challenging projects, and learning and development in a collaborative environment. At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need, and you can shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality.
To apply, we want you to hold a 2:1 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted) and a minimum of 400 points in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent). We are looking for exceptional people, with problem-solving mindsets, an appetite to learn and the intellectual curiosity to challenge and advise.