Tourism Ireland |
About Tourism Ireland
Tourism Ireland is responsible for marketing the island of Ireland overseas as a holiday and business tourism destination. We believe in fostering the next generation of talent so no matter which team you become part of you will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of our world-class marketing programmes, promoting the island of Ireland.
What we do
Tourism Ireland is responsible for marketing the island of Ireland overseas as a holiday and business tourism destination.
It was established as one of the “six areas of co-operation” under the framework of the Belfast Agreement of Good Friday 1998. Our remit is to increase tourism to the island of Ireland and to support Northern Ireland to realise its tourism potential.
We deliver world-class marketing programmes in over 20 markets across the world and reach a global audience of over 600 million each year. Our targeted marketing activity includes advertising online, on TV and outdoor, in cinemas and in newspapers and magazines; social media and emarketing; overseas publicity; co-operative marketing with carriers and other partners; and promotions to the travel trade and consumers.
Our Global Internship Programme
The Global Internship Programme is an exciting opportunity to get first-hand experience in a world-class marketing organisation.
As part of our programme, you will be an active member of a professional and dynamic team in one of eleven locations. You will receive on-the-job learning and guided mentoring from our highly experienced teams while having access to global markets, exclusive trade events, interdisciplinary networks and most importantly, career building opportunities.
We believe in fostering the next generation of talent so no matter which team you become part of you will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of our world-class marketing programmes, promoting the island of Ireland.
What we are offering:
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Exposure to a dynamic global marketing organising and the wider Tourism Industry
- Paid Placement
- Paid Annual Leave
- Paid business expenses
- Wellness Support Services
- Professional use Laptop provided for the duration of Internship
- Onsite Offices and Hybrid Working
- Cost of return flights if placed in an overseas market.
- Cost of temporary accommodation (2-3 weeks) upon arrival to overseas market.
Applications for our 2023 intake are now closed.
More from Tourism Ireland
- Hospitality, sport, leisure & tourism
- Charity, public & civil service
- Marketing, advertising & PR
- Media, journalism & publishing