About Irish Tax Institute
Tax affects everyone and drives how decisions are made, no matter how big or small. A career in tax is a diverse and exciting profession that is challenging yet rewarding. It can take you anywhere with opportunities at home and abroad across a range of sectors.
A Career in Tax could be for you if you are:
- A creative thinker
- A problem-solver
- a good communicator
- Tech savvy
- Persistent and resilient
- Looking for a dynamic career
As a Chartered Tax Advisers (CTA), you could:
- Help shape Ireland’s tax system; or
- Write tax law; or
- Administer the collection of taxes; or
- Act on behalf of businesses ensuring they’re tax compliant and avail of supports they are eligible for.
The CTA qualification is the leading tax advisory qualification in Ireland for tax professionals and the international gold standard in tax. With it, you'll be at the table, adding value for your clients by using cutting-edge technology and collaborating with your colleagues.
The Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualification – At A Glance
The Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) is the qualification of choice in all Ireland’s leading firms. You don’t need a training contract to apply and there are flexible learning options available.
Who is it for?
- Graduates from all disciplines embarking on their tax careers
- Accounting and finance professionals who need deep tax technical knowledge as part of their broader role
- Legal professionals who wish to advise on tax-related issues
- Tax specialists working throughout the public sector
How to apply:
All you need is a Level 8 qualification from any discipline to start working towards your career in tax with the Irish Tax Institute.
Find out more on our website here .
The Irish Tax Institute
The Irish Tax Institute is the leading representative and educational body for Ireland’s Chartered Tax Advisers (CTA) and is the country’s only professional body exclusively dedicated to tax.
We benchmark our education programme against the very best in the world. The continued development of our syllabus, delivery model and assessment methods ensures our CTAs have the skills and knowledge they need to meet the ever-changing needs of their workplaces.