Customer Service Manager
As a customer service manager you will not only be customer facing but you will also need to manage people within your business
A Customer Service Manager ensures that the customers of a company are satisfied. Their role is to provide superb customer service by leading and motivating the customer service team, developing loyalty programs, and creating customer satisfaction goals.
Your role will be varied, and you will have to deal with a myriad of different people as part of the job. You will be working with head office as well as being on the ground floor of the business dealing with customers.
Day-to-day roles include:
- helping to develop and implement customer service policies in an organisation
- finding ways to measure customer satisfaction and improve services
- managing a team of customer service staff
- handling face-to-face enquiries from customers.
- The range of typical starting salaries for trainee customer service managers falls between €23,500 and €28,000.
- Salaries for experienced customer service managers can reach €34,000 to €51,000 and may exceed €70,000.
This position iis open to graduates with all degrees however having a qualification in one of the following areas will give you a distinct advantage
- business studies
- consumer studies
- management studies
It is also possible to work your way up through an organisation to this position starting at an entry level role gaining qualifications along the way.