Call centre manager
Call centres can either deal with inbound calls (mainly requests, complaints or queries), or outbound calls (gathering information or promoting and selling products). Call centre managers are responsible for standards and targets relating to customer service, such as customer service targets, improvement and development of particular areas of the centre and staff management. They also correspond with businesses for which they are providing a service.
- Setting and hitting centre quotas and performance targets.
- Training, motivating and managing staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Managing the daily running of the centre.
- Recording statistics and preparing reports.
- Meeting with clients and supervisors to discuss progress and resolve issues.
- Allocating and supervising shifts.
Open to non-graduates and graduates of all disciplines. A postgraduate qualification is not required. Most call/contact centre managerial positions will require at least a year of work experience in a call centre. Vocational qualifications in management or customer care are beneficial.
Career events coming up