Marketing executives, also known as marketing officers or marketing coordinators, are involved in developing marketing campaigns to promote a service, product, event or campaign. While the work of a marketing executive varies depending on the type and size of the organisation and sector, the role broadly includes planning, organising events, sponsorship, advertising, public relations and research. The focus can be on selling a product, a service or raising awareness of an issue that affects the public.
- Preparing and delivering marketing plans within key objectives
- Working with in-house designers to produce materials of visual impact and within brand guidelines
- Involving key stakeholders for product at each stage of campaign, and reporting results once completed
- Generating and executing marketing campaigns across social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and many more
- Generating reports for digital marketing campaigns using data based analytics tools and also presenting this data in an easy to understand format
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press, radio or TV as appropriate to the product or service
- Liaising with media, printers and publishers as required and managing the production of marketing materials such as leaflets, flyers, posters and newsletters, including e-newsletters and DVDs
- Liaising with events coordinators to maximise visibility at conferences, receptions and exhibitions, including compiling product and literature lists to display or demonstrate
- Attending key conferences to manage booth, do customer interviews and focus groups
- Monitoring competitor activity and generating leads for products and services.
Career events coming up