Careers with Deloitte for Finance and Accountancy graduates
What does the Graduate Programme involve?
Our structured Graduate Programme provides a collaborative, open environment where you can have a voice and bring your great ideas to life. You’ll be an important part of the team from day one, working face-to-face with clients on jobs that are relevant to your interests. As you go, you’ll enjoy a supportive environment where everyone is accessible and invested in your training and growth.
In Ireland, Deloitte is a team of nearly 3,000 talented and driven individuals. Our firm is growing in the marketplace. We’re ambitious and committed to being a leader in the delivery of five world class business areas: Audit & Assurance, Tax, Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, and Consulting.
The diversity of our services, our clients and the industries that we serve, in addition to our people, is why we believe Deloitte is the #1 place to launch your career in Ireland. Joining Deloitte is also your opportunity to become part of the worldwide leader in professional services and consulting, a global network of approximately 312,000 people in 150 countries and territories.
You can join one of seven graduate programmes, each focused on a different kind of role. Visit our website to learn more.
What kind of work would I be doing?
Each of our graduate programmes has a different focus and we offer a variety of career options where you'll learn how to create innovative business, technology and operational solutions and develop the expertise to implement them. If you join our Audit & Assurance programme, for example, you’ll learn how to advise clients on their accounting systems and controls, ways to improve them and reduce risk. Whereas, in Technology, you’re more likely to be designing new systems or developing IT strategy. And in Tax Consulting, as you’d expect, you’ll become your clients’ expert in all things tax-related. All of our projects are about problem solving, which happens best when we work collaboratively.
Throughout your graduate training and entire career, you’ll connect with colleagues across different teams, to tackle challenges for our clients. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. With more projects focused on technology and the latest digital developments, we approach every client with a clear eye on the future. It’s that vision that enables us to help the biggest businesses make some of their biggest decisions.
As our clients’ businesses grow so will your expertise. You will gain “hands on” project experience working with professional and experienced teams. You'll be encouraged and expected to think for yourself, use your initiative and work collaboratively to deliver pioneering solutions for our clients.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Applications are encouraged from all academic disciplines, including accounting, business, law, science, technology, engineering, maths, amongst others. Other requirements include:
- Achieved or are currently on target for a 2.1 honours degree or higher
- A high level of self-motivation and commitment
- The ability to analyse and work through complex problems
- Flexibility, resilience and intellectual curiosity
- A proactive approach to work
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- The ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- At Deloitte, we offer competitive reward packages and a variety of benefits. The firm also offers a number of wellbeing programmes to reflect the balance of priorities in our people’s lives.
- 21 days annual leave rising with service plus 1 additional Deloitte Day (22 days total)
- Compressed working week. 2pm finish on Fridays during June, July and August
- Discounted health insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Paid professional subscription
- Graduation leave
- Advanced learning and development programmes
- Comprehensive professional education and study leave programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Tax saver travel pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Annual Corporate Responsibility Impact Day
- Deloitte Unplugged programme
- Corporate deals and discounts
- CSR programme - annual IMPACT day, alliance with several charitable organisations