How to ace your graduate application!
Applying to graduate programmes can be a daunting task. There are lots of options to choose from and each employer can differ in what skills they are seeking.
At Glanbia, we want to make applying easy! As such, we have collated a list of 3 simple tips for acing your graduate application:
1. Apply early – Don’t leave your application to the last minute.
- We know that completing an application in one sitting can be difficult. Our application process allows you start your application, save it as a draft and come back and complete it when suits you.
- This will mean you can dedicate time and attention to your application to help set you apart!
- Just don’t forget to hit ‘apply’ before the closing date passes!
2. Tailor your application – Make sure your application/CV aligns with the role you’re applying for.
- Does the role require a programming language? Mention your programming experience.
- Do you need strong Excel skills? Include your proficiency level.
- Do you need strong design skills? Refer to creative projects you’ve done.
- Take a look at the job specification to help you determine what’s relevant to mention. Try not to ‘copy and paste’ the same CV/application for multiple roles if they differ.
3. Show your passion – This applies for both the role and the company you’re applying for.
- Be clear as to why this specific role appeals to you and what led you to apply.
- Show that you’ve researched the company and articulate why you’re passionate about working for Glanbia.
We hope that you find the above helpful. Best of luck with your application