#GradStories Aoibheann Maddy, Recruitment & Employer Brand Project Manager, Lidl

22 Jun 2023, 13:18

Aoibheann Maddy, Recruitment & Employer Brand Project Manager, Lidl

What are your main tasks in a typical week?

As a recruitment and employer brand project manager, my role is split 80/20. 80 per cent of the time I'm working on projects. These projects could be in relation to recruitment or employer branding. Then in the remaining 20 per cent of the time I'm working on operational tasks by recruiting people for our head office.

What skills do you need to have to be successful in your role?

You need to be good at problem solving. We are a discount retailer so things change rapidly. It's about how you deal with challenges and good problem solving skills would help you a lot.

What do you love about your job?

I love that it's so vast and that there's a variety of tasks that I do on a day to day basis. Every day is different. I could be working on something employer brand related one day and a campaign the next, then I could be hiring for a number of roles on the recruitment side of things.

I also like that I got given responsibility right from the beginning when I was on the graduate programme.

What did you do as a student that helps you in your career?

I studied HR management at TUD. What I liked about Lidl was that they were going to give you responsibility from the get go. I wanted something fast paced that would challenge me.

My past experience in HR helped land me the role. I built my CV as much as possible and got exposure to HR. That really helped my in my interview.

What was your career break?

I didn't go into the graduate programme thinking I wanted to work in a particular area but I happened to get a position in recruitment and employer brand.

There's so many opportunities within the business, I have recently been promoted to employer relations manager. Lidl recognises the work you put in and your potential.

gradireland editorial advice

This describes editorially independent and impartial content, which has been written and edited by the gradireland content team. Any external contributors featuring in the article are in line with our non-advertorial policy, by which we mean that we do not promote one organisation over another.

People reading this also searched for roles in these areas:

undefined background image

We've got you

Get the latest jobs, internships, careers advice, courses and graduate events based on what's important to you. Start connecting directly with top employers today.