Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at Bord Na Móna
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusiveness (ED&I) is core to us and our purpose is to create and provide an equal, diverse, and inclusive environment where colleagues bring their whole self to work, allowing them to have a great sense of pride in working for an employer that promotes ED&I.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusiveness (ED&I) is core to us and our purpose is to create and provide an equal, diverse, and inclusive environment where colleagues bring their whole self to work, allowing them to have a great sense of pride in working for an employer that promotes ED&I. We recognise and understand the importance of having an equal, diverse, and inclusive organisation and we strive to create a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and equal opportunities for colleagues. We encourage our colleagues to embrace the values of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- We have established an ED&I Steering group, comprised of a number of colleagues from across the company, each playing a key role in communicating our colleagues’ views, communicating any ongoing company developments within the ED&I space internally and inputting in the design, development, and implementation of the ED&I strategy at Bord na Móna.
- The Senior Leadership Team at Bord na Móna completed an inclusive leadership training programme and are fully committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion within the business, ensuring that everything we do, and the manner in which it is done, makes reference to and considers the impact upon our equality objectives. We are focused on incorporating ED&I in all aspects of employee life cycle including recruitment and selection, training and development, performance, and talent management.
- We are engaged with the Irish Centre for Diversity (ICFD) in working towards achieving an Accreditation-Silver standard, in the next 12 months.
- The first ERG- Mental Health Ambassadors (MHA) group will be launched in October 2021 as part of International Mental Health Week in October and additional ERGs will be developed in due course.
- In celebration of EU Diversity month, on 27th May 2021, we signed the Diversity Charter Ireland. We are delighted to have 26 different nationalities currently working in Bord na Móna, further showing our commitment to ED&I.
More about careers at Bord Na Móna
For more information on Bord Na Móna and other initiatives we engage in, make sure to click below