Tips for your application - Allianz
Find the right job and then remember: Your application is your business card.
After you have found the perfect job opening, it is time to work on your application. A cover letter is not mandatory. If you choose to make use of the option and upload a cover letter, please ensure it is adapted to the position you are applying for. Please be sure to highlight the skills, experiences and competencies that are relevant to the role and make you the ideal candidate. The best cover letters are short and to the point. Feel free to use a generic greeting, no one will think you are a poor applicant if you could not find out the name of the hiring manager. A few questions that your cover letter should answer:
- Why do you want to work for Allianz?
- Why are you interested in the posted position?
- What makes you the right candidate for the position?
Your resume is the key to a good application. A well-structured resume will help you emphasize your professional experience and successes. The type size should be clearly legible and the overall layout and formatting should be simple. Start with your personal details, followed by your education or professional training, professional experience, foreign languages, international experience, other activities and hobbies.
- Personal data: Please be sure to include all important contact details such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address in your resume, as well as your cover letter.
- Training/education/qualifications: Your resume should accurately reflect your education along with your achievements, such as the degrees, certificates and grades earned.
- Professional experience: List your previous jobs and the duration of employment with each company. Summarize important details of your tasks in each position.
- Before you submit your application, don’t forget your attachments. References, job confirmations, transcripts of grades and any other relevant written documentation are necessary to substantiate your qualifications and experience.
Learn as much as you can about Allianz as a company and its business areas, as well as our corporate culture, strategy, and values. Please be sure that you know about the latest developments in your field of expertise, the industry, and market. Familiarize yourself with the position you are applying for by learning about the main tasks and responsibilities involved. Be prepared to show us why you want to work for us, why we should hire you, and what experiences and skills make you the right candidate for the position. In addition to evaluating your professional skills, interviews are designed to assess your soft skills and ensure that they reflect our company culture.
Is there an easy way to get ready? Yes! Read on this page how the Google Assistant can help you with your interview preparation.
Please answer the questions carefully and to your best knowledge. You should always take a moment to consider what the interviewer actually wants to know. Provide brief, precise answers. If you need a little time to think about your answer, feel free to take it. Be sure to substantiate your answers with specific examples from your previous professional or educational experience. We encourage you to be actively involved in this interview. Use the opportunity to learn more about the position and Allianz as a company.
Discover more advice from Allianz
Make sure to discover Allianz's careers page for more hints, tips and advice